The Cherokee Nation will be hosting a series of Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events this coming spring and summer. These events will be open to all members of the communities in which they are held. This is the second consecutive year that Cherokee Nation Environmental Programs (CNEP) has received grant funds from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to support and conduct these events. Locations include:
- Fort Gibson, OK – POSTPONED, date TBD 8:00am to 12:0pm ; 409 Ozark, Fort Gibson, OK
- Miami, OK –POSTPONED, date TBD 8:00am to 12:00pm (County-wide event); 1129 E. Street SW,Miami, OK
- Stilwell, OK – POSTPONED, date TBD 8:00am to 12:00pm; 320 W. Locust Street, Stilwell, OK
Cherokee Nation is also supporting The City of Bartlesville's Operation Clean House Event for Washington County residents.
- Bartlesville, OK – POSTPONED, date TBD 8:00am to 2:00pm (County-wide event)
- Location #1 Phillips 66 Parking lot, west of the RR Tracks on Adams Blvd, Bartlesville, OK
- Location #2 Washington County District 2 Barn 399000 W. 1500 Rd, Dewey, OK
In addition to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events, there will be Electronic Waste Collection Events taking place in the following locations:
- Tahlequah, OK – POSTPONED, date TBD 7:30am to 2:00pm (County-wide event); 22361 S. Bald Hill Rd, Tahlequah, OK - north side of Cherokee Nation Warehouse
- Collinsville, OK –POSTPONED, date TBD 7:30am to 1:00pm; 1025 N. 12th Street, Collinsville, OK
Due to the current pandemic, all events have been postponed. New dates will be announced publically at a later date.